Monday 30 January 2012

Plastic Taft

You may well be wondering if this moustachioed figure is actually Hercule Poirot, 'ze belgian detecteeve'. But no, it is actually a plastic figure of W.H. Taft, 27th President of the United States (1909-1930).

Presumably there was a whole series of American presidents to collect. You can just imagine some poor kid, hoping for Washington or Lincoln, and then going - 'Oh no, not Taft again!'.

However, I was rather pleased with the random nature of this figure when I found it in a collection of small plastic toys I got from Etsy.

2 comments:

Jane Housham said...

I thought your heading was 'Plastic Tat', as well it might have been, I guess, but I worship the tat. And the Taft.

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Wow, my historical knowledge is crap! I see an opening for Kelloggs though - imagine Maggie Thatcher or Tony Blair in your cornflakes!