Wednesday 18 April 2012

Wednesday Welcome - A Curious Friend

"Hey, everybody, let's give a great big Wednesday Welcome to Jane's clown!!!" How does that sound? You may remember, a few weeks ago, I asked you lovely people to submit photos for the blog. Well, over the next few weeks I'm going to be showing one of your objects each Wednesday. I was trying to think of a snappy title, but instead, came up with 'Wednesday Welcome'. Or possibly 'Curious Friends'. But if you can come up with something better, do let me know!

Anyway, enormous thanks to Jane of Things to Make and Do who has admitted to owning this strange and scary clown. I find all clowns a bit scary, I must admit. (There's even a name for it - coulrophobia.) Anyway, this one is not just a lovely ornament for your home, but doubles as a clothes brush and shoe horn.
A genius idea! Presumably, the intention was to make brushing your clothes more fun, but I can't help thinking that using the clown's tongue to help put your shoes on is a bit freakin' weird. Is it me, or is there a cry for help hidden in those blue clown eyes? Look at that top picture again. So much anguish....

It's not too late to send me a photo, if you have a curious object you'd like to share!
Thanks again to Jane, and the equivalent of a Blue Peter badge will be on its way to her!

3 comments:

Jane Housham said...

Aw, it's my clown! Thanks for doing him proud. It's funny seeing it on someone else's blog! He now reminds me of Kerry Katona, who always sticks her ****** tongue out at photographers -- but, yes, surely an expression of psychic pain.

Tami Von Zalez said...

Great photograph but still too clown creepy, hairbrush holder and all.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

menopausalmusing said...

I don't normally find clowns all that creepy ....... normally....... but this one................